Professional Software Certification
- Certified Youth Programmer is an official award available to teens and young adults.
- Students work through standard coding exercises via the CYP curriculum
or the Teen Perl educational gaming platform.
- A minimum of 18 months of regular Perl activities must be logged,
such as Perl Teens meetup clubs and Perl conferences.
- All students must complete a final project where they lead a team of their peers
in building a real-life software system.
- Upon successful completion, students receive a framed diploma during their
- CYP graduates earn a significant advantage in Perl job interviews
and college applications.
- The goal is to use professional certification to teach teens Perl.